Biting The Bullet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SLOW SLOW SLOW

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

SLOW SLOW SLOW Empty
PostSubject: SLOW SLOW SLOW   SLOW SLOW SLOW I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:24 am

My pc didnt turn off last night whenI told it to so I just left it, this morning I was forced to do the 5second hold on the power button and since then my pc has been shagged!! It takes about 15mins just to wait for the forum to load up, even writing this is taking a LONG time as it keeps freezing up every few seconds.

I am going to format but I just need to move one file over to my second HD before I do, Its an 11GB file and so far has taken 3hours and is on about 80%. Because of this I am worried, do you think my HD is knackered and thats the reason why its slow more so than needing a format?

Im thinking when you need a format sure your pc is slow but a HD to HD transfer still shouldnt take this long :S

If it is the HD then I am screwed cos i cant afford to get a new one of a couple of weeks Sad
Back to top Go down
fergy05

SLOW SLOW SLOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SLOW SLOW SLOW   SLOW SLOW SLOW I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:50 am

oh shit Sad
Back to top Go down
Lofty

Lofty

SLOW SLOW SLOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SLOW SLOW SLOW   SLOW SLOW SLOW I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:53 am

shovel more coal into it.

On a serious note, it could be a virus, could be your HDD needs de-fragging, or could be your HDD is on its way out.

Try the re-install before you panic even more. All should be good. If not, I'll cry... alot.
Back to top Go down

SLOW SLOW SLOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SLOW SLOW SLOW   SLOW SLOW SLOW I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 8:58 am

Yer I will reinstall but have never had my pc this bad before. If needs be I will use my second HD but that would mean wiping 400GBs off movies music and games off and litrally starting again from scratch Sad

That is a last last resort
Back to top Go down
DepthCharge

DepthCharge

SLOW SLOW SLOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SLOW SLOW SLOW   SLOW SLOW SLOW I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:17 am

dude, 1tb = 50 euros these days...
And anyone who tells me he cant afford that, should go and work more, or find a better job, cuz im only a student and even i can afford that. Razz

And ok, i dont have a child and another one coming, but thats not what im talkin about! Razz
Back to top Go down

SLOW SLOW SLOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SLOW SLOW SLOW   SLOW SLOW SLOW I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 5:10 am

It was the HD Sad so i have formatted my Second HD and Partitioned it so I have lost all my games music and films but nevermind :doh:
Back to top Go down
Dr.JiM

Dr.JiM

SLOW SLOW SLOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SLOW SLOW SLOW   SLOW SLOW SLOW I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 6:07 am

sucks man i wanted to catch you before you disappeared to format with a few tips but i missed you shame about the hard drive man i would be fucked it that happened to me i got a terra byte of pure movies and tv when you come down ill burn you some disc's if you haven't replaced them already
Back to top Go down

SLOW SLOW SLOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SLOW SLOW SLOW   SLOW SLOW SLOW I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 6:16 am

Awesome man, yer when we meet up we can just network and swop some files Very Happy

Every thing that went is replacable though so im not to worried, i got all the Pics and work stuff off it. Im def glad it was my other HD that went cos if it had of been this one I would have lost every thing!!

I went round my old mans and put this HD onto his PC and moved the Pics over to his HD and after formatting I connected it back up and got the pic back but i have also left them on his PC so I have them all backed up now.

Thats a warning to every one! Your HDs can die at any times dudes, back your snizzle up!!
Back to top Go down
Dr.JiM

Dr.JiM

SLOW SLOW SLOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SLOW SLOW SLOW   SLOW SLOW SLOW I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 6:36 am

lol i hear that man i know it sounds lazy but i dont think i would have the patience to back up a terra to dvd it would take forever and cost a fortune in disc's
Back to top Go down

SLOW SLOW SLOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SLOW SLOW SLOW   SLOW SLOW SLOW I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 6:41 am

oh yer, lol. 1 TB is pretty much impossible to back up!!

I ment more like irreplaceable stuff like Pics. Any downloads can be redownload Smile Though that would take quite a while for you Jim!! lol!
Back to top Go down
DepthCharge

DepthCharge

SLOW SLOW SLOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SLOW SLOW SLOW   SLOW SLOW SLOW I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 28, 2009 6:04 pm

lol cant believe people still back up movies etc..
Music + pics i understand, but movies? Whenever u want to watch u download in 1min or so, if its HD then 10min..and then u watch it? :S No reason to back those up, unless u watch really exotic stuff Razz
Back to top Go down

SLOW SLOW SLOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SLOW SLOW SLOW   SLOW SLOW SLOW I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 6:32 am

Look Guys Im taking about PICTURES ONLY!!! I never ment Movies or Music or anything else that is downloadable content!! Thats why I put this in my post right above yours Depthcharge! Rolling Eyes

RobNob wrote:
irreplaceable stuff like Pics. Any downloads can be redownload
Back to top Go down
Dr.JiM

Dr.JiM

SLOW SLOW SLOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SLOW SLOW SLOW   SLOW SLOW SLOW I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 6:45 am

lol i would wish that i could do that depth but you should try living with uk broad band mate
Back to top Go down
fergy05

SLOW SLOW SLOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SLOW SLOW SLOW   SLOW SLOW SLOW I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 8:12 am

DepthCharge wrote:
lol cant believe people still back up movies etc..
Music + pics i understand, but movies? Whenever u want to watch u download in 1min or so, if its HD then 10min..and then u watch it? :S No reason to back those up, unless u watch really exotic stuff Razz

i get 600Kbps and thats fookin fast for UK!

try 20 mins for a movie depth you whore :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SLOW SLOW SLOW Empty
PostSubject: Re: SLOW SLOW SLOW   SLOW SLOW SLOW I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SLOW SLOW SLOW
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Biting The Bullet :: Tech :: Tech Help-
Jump to: