Biting The Bullet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Kinglorre's Tactics Blog [Updated regulary]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Kinglorre

Kinglorre

Kinglorre's Tactics Blog [Updated regulary] Empty
PostSubject: Kinglorre's Tactics Blog [Updated regulary]   Kinglorre's Tactics Blog [Updated regulary] I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 4:32 am

[WARNING, GRAND SCHEMING BELOW]

Kinglorre's Tactics Blog [Updated regulary] Bannerstratcopy
Alright then Gents,

My name is Dr.Kinglorre and i will be your lecturer for the day.

In this topic we will create discuss and test out of the box tactics for in game. Now you must be thinking, what do i have to do? The only thing I ask from you is to suggest tactics, describe problems encountered ingame.

This topic is all about Creating problems and solving them. I want you, Yes YOU to think out of the box or even try to adapt reall life tactics to ingame.

To get the Discussion going il start off with a subject but in future discussion i will just list the current problems and solutions below.

Attention this topic is very WIP.

Last edited by Kinglorre on Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:36 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
muffinmonsta

muffinmonsta

PostSubject: Re: Kinglorre's Tactics Blog [Updated regulary]   Kinglorre's Tactics Blog [Updated regulary] I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 4:43 am

Oh noes not lunch time :O

Code:
My name is Dr.Kinglorre and i will be your lecturer for the day.

Fantastic Wink

Oh and duded this is a good idea, nice one Wink

Gets us back into the PR Zone Wink
Back to top Go down
Kinglorre

Kinglorre

PostSubject: Re: Kinglorre's Tactics Blog [Updated regulary]   Kinglorre's Tactics Blog [Updated regulary] I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 5:37 am

Kinglorre's Tactics Blog [Updated regulary] Bannerstratcopy
Class in propper Anti air sites and No fly-zones

Introduction:
We've all encountered it, A game in which infantry and armour get completely annihilated by air forces be it choppers or ground attack aircraft, guided or unguided CAS it is annoying and no propper counters are available because anti units are being used as battle wagons and not what they are intended for or are being crewed by noobs who don't know what they are doing. As of currently Anti Air is most of the time being used in close support with tanks making them vulnerable to an even wider range of threats.

In this class we will be Exploring new ways to counter enemy airforces without having to deploy airforces of our own.

Real life applications:
Real militaries have use over Sam sites. these sam sites usualy consist of 3 components.

* The Radar
* The Shorad or Short Range Airdefence
* The SAM site

All of the airdefences can be put into 3 classes, Light, Medium and Heavy which are placed in overlapping areas so as to be able to counter a threat on all ranges.

The Sam site or Heavy AA has the longest range however ammo is limited.
The Shorad has enough ammo available but is of shorter range.

This is why SHORADS, medium and light AA are there to protect the SAM site.
Kinglorre's Tactics Blog [Updated regulary] Aaprinciplesrl
Now how could we possibly apply this to Project reality? Your ideas and out of the box toughts are welcome.

Theory and other valid points thus far:
*Double Handheld anti air and guided anti tank positions Build around firebases
*Firebases are to function as SAM sites i areas of importance as to deny the enemy the sky
*Handheld AA is wildly inaccurate
*Gunfire makes pilots panick .50 and up are very effective in this role however i would like to keep tanks and APC's out of the discussion and stick with infantry light vehicles and mobile AA
*HATS and other guided weaponry work good on helicopters however it is hard to get them to hit a moving target [Point of training maybe?]
*Might be a good idea to open up a test round sometime soon and see what the variables are when it comes to these heldheld AA launchers

Points to discuss further:

*Succesfull usage of the mobile AA's or SHORAD's on kashan and other maps
*How to get some form of Radar and situational awereness on what helicopters and jets are doing?

Last edited by Kinglorre on Sun Sep 12, 2010 1:56 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Kinglorre

Kinglorre

PostSubject: Re: Kinglorre's Tactics Blog [Updated regulary]   Kinglorre's Tactics Blog [Updated regulary] I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 1:58 pm

Topic cleaned and discussion points added to the "Guide"

Please feel free to continue the discussion.
Back to top Go down
200rabbits

200rabbits

PostSubject: Re: Kinglorre's Tactics Blog [Updated regulary]   Kinglorre's Tactics Blog [Updated regulary] I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 2:09 pm

You wanna see what the variables are on the handheld launchers? Me 'n' Muff can just open up the zip archives with all the mod data in... I'll do that tomorrow or something, get the actual data so we don't need to guess hopefully.

Note:Anyone could actually, it's really easy, just said me n muff coz i know us two have modded BF2 and PR before.
Back to top Go down
muffinmonsta

muffinmonsta

PostSubject: Re: Kinglorre's Tactics Blog [Updated regulary]   Kinglorre's Tactics Blog [Updated regulary] I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 3:32 pm

What kind of veriables, the chance it will track and hit or ?
Back to top Go down
Kinglorre

Kinglorre

PostSubject: Re: Kinglorre's Tactics Blog [Updated regulary]   Kinglorre's Tactics Blog [Updated regulary] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 3:29 am

muffinmonsta wrote:
What kind of veriables, the chance it will track and hit or ?

yes both
Back to top Go down
200rabbits

200rabbits

PostSubject: Re: Kinglorre's Tactics Blog [Updated regulary]   Kinglorre's Tactics Blog [Updated regulary] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 5:50 am

There are nukes and CBU87's in this weapons folder... I wonder if the shuriken's still in here...

Ok, I've found all the tweak files, and the Shuriken, which btw, quite fittingly has ninja accuracy. It also does 200 damage and will look like an ordinary throwing stone in your inventory. No joke, seriously, have a look inside your "weapons_server.zip" in objects. It's in weapons_server\weapons\handheld\ . There's a very nice model and texture in weapons_client.

To make the following easier to read and compare, I will use colour coding. Yes. Writing this took longer than finding the variables.

Aim-9 Sidewinder (possibly on the avenger HMMWV - Muff, could you or someone confirm this?)
SA-7 Igla MANPADS
SA-19 Grison (AKA 9K22 Tunguska)'s 9M311
Starstreak Missile
Stinger MANPADS

ObjectTemplate.detonation.detectionRadius 100/100/100/100/100
ObjectTemplate.detonation.maxDepthForExplosion 2/2/2/2/2
ObjectTemplate.detonation.triggerRadius 60/40/60/60/40
ObjectTemplate.detonation.triggerType MTYVehicle/MTYVehicle/MTYVehicle/MTYVehicle/MTYVehicle
ObjectTemplate.detonation.triggerVictimMinSpeed 10/10/10/10/10
ObjectTemplate.detonation.radiusDetonateWithAirVehicles 40/30/40/40/40

ObjectTemplate.seek.targetType TTHeat/TTHeat/TTHeat/TTHeat/TTHeat
ObjectTemplate.seek.trackingDelay 0.05/0.02/0.02/0.02/0.02
ObjectTemplate.seek.maxAngleLock 30/30/30/30/30
ObjectTemplate.seek.maxDistLock 750/700/1500/1300/850
ObjectTemplate.seek.directionBonus 0.85/0.2/0.5/0.5/0.8
ObjectTemplate.seek.reLockTime 30/30/30/30/30

ObjectTemplate.follow.maxYaw 360/120/360/360/180
ObjectTemplate.follow.maxPitch 360/120/360/360/180
ObjectTemplate.follow.changePitch 10/3/10/10/6
ObjectTemplate.follow.changeYaw 10/3/10/10/6
ObjectTemplate.follow.minDist 5/10/5/5/10

ObjectTemplate.damage 750/500/750/750/500
ObjectTemplate.acceleration 300/300/300/300/300
ObjectTemplate.maxSpeed 860/430/900/860/750

I should point out, I didn't find any other missiles in weapons\armament\missiles\ that looked like SAMs. It might be a good idea to look up each vehicle, find out what the launchers are, look those up and find out the missiles, but that'll take some time.
Adding the deviation/steadying thing when I've had a chance to look up the launchers, which is always something someone else could do.

Because I'm awesome I unknowingly made MANPADS green, NATO missiles red, and Russian missiles Blue. No I will not reorder them so the categories are together, just look at the code that makes up the above text!

In summary:
SA-7: Smaller detonation radius, generally just the worst though.
Stinger: 1.5 to 2 times better than the SA-7 in some categories, still second worst.
SA-19: the best, longest range, highest speed, most damage, although it's direction bonus isn't as good as the AIM-9s
Starstreak: Pretty similar to the AIM-9 but without the good direction bonus but with a much better range.
AIM-9 Coming in in 2nd/3rd place with the Starstreak, range worse than stinger but better than the SA-7.
Conclusion: Russian and European anti-air missiles are really damned good (like real life xD), but the Americans are a bit lacking. Russian MANPADS however suck balls, Stingers might be worth using though, but you probably want to get that direction bonus, so launch at the rear of your targets.
Back to top Go down
muffinmonsta

muffinmonsta

PostSubject: Re: Kinglorre's Tactics Blog [Updated regulary]   Kinglorre's Tactics Blog [Updated regulary] I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 7:20 am

Thanks for the effort put into your post rabbits, should make things interesting when thinking about what to use against aircraft Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kinglorre's Tactics Blog [Updated regulary]   Kinglorre's Tactics Blog [Updated regulary] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kinglorre's Tactics Blog [Updated regulary]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Biting The Bullet :: Games :: Project Reality :: Tips, Hints and Tutorials-
Jump to: