Biting The Bullet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pr and Mumble

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
muffinmonsta

muffinmonsta

Pr and Mumble Empty
PostSubject: Pr and Mumble   Pr and Mumble I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 6:51 am

So me and Avenge where thinking, why don't we set up the PR channel like the Pr mumble server.

So we have-

-Commander Channel

-Squad leaders Channel (For all squad leaders)

-Squad 1 Members Channel

-Squad 2 Members Channel

So with this Squad 1 and 2 can hear each other, keeping the airwaves clear and making it easier for the Squad leaders to communicate
with there men. Squad leaders are able to communicate with each-other on contacts and plans which can then be forwarded to the "grunts".

So what do you need to set this up?

This is pretty simple, the Squad leader needs to assign a whisper shortcut and set it to their squad members channel.

This is how you set whispers up.

Say I was the Squad leader of Squad 1.

1.) Firstly, go to Configure > settings in mumble.

[Fi1]
Pr and Mumble PICTURE-1

2.) Now go to Shortcuts tab on the right. You will now see the add button at the bottom of the window, Click it.

[Fig 2]
Pr and Mumble PICTURE-2

3.) A new field will be displayed Click the drop down box under functions and click "Whisper".

[Fig 3]
Pr and Mumble PICTURE-3

4.) Now Click the data field ( should show a "..." button in there, click it.) Make sure the Radial "Whisper to list of Channels" is checked.
Select the other squad channel. Make sure "Whisper to Sub-Channels is unchecked. Click Ok. ( in my case i am the leader of squad 1, so i assign my whisper to channel "squad 1 members")

[Fig 4]
Pr and Mumble PICTURE-4

5.) Assign your shortcut on the next field.

6.) So now you can talk to the other squad leaders without talking to your squad members.
But now we want to be able to talk to our Squad members!

This can also be used to talk to individual members too!

Simplez

Back to top Go down

Pr and Mumble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pr and Mumble   Pr and Mumble I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 7:21 am

Great Work Guys Very Happy
Back to top Go down
muffinmonsta

muffinmonsta

Pr and Mumble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pr and Mumble   Pr and Mumble I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 10:56 am

Could someone move this to the hints > tips or something, didn't think about that at first! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Pr and Mumble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pr and Mumble   Pr and Mumble I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 11, 2010 11:14 am

Done
Back to top Go down
Kinglorre

Kinglorre

Pr and Mumble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pr and Mumble   Pr and Mumble I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 8:13 am

Nice work guys, thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pr and Mumble Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pr and Mumble   Pr and Mumble I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pr and Mumble
Page 1 of 1