Biting The Bullet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A CTD Fix For Those Running 2 or more Gb of Ram.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rocky

A CTD Fix For Those Running 2 or more Gb of Ram. Empty
PostSubject: A CTD Fix For Those Running 2 or more Gb of Ram.   A CTD Fix For Those Running 2 or more Gb of Ram. I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 5:48 pm

The problem is caused from the bf2.exe not having the LARGE MEMORY AWARE flag which when the game is loading will try to use more than the 2gb the OS limits it to, as a result the OS closes it and u get a ctd.

the fix is available on the PR forums, go to the last Q and A in this list: http://www.realitymod.com/forum/f27-pr-support/52641-frequently-asked-questions-v0-85-a.html ignore the virtual memory stuff and get the fix (where it says HERE) u'll need to login to download it.

I confirmed it fixed as Jim and I were both suffering from the same problem at the same time (same map change) I did the fix and it only happened to him, he did the fix and s'all good baby!
Back to top Go down
Dr.JiM

Dr.JiM

PostSubject: Re: A CTD Fix For Those Running 2 or more Gb of Ram.   A CTD Fix For Those Running 2 or more Gb of Ram. I_icon_minitimeWed May 20, 2009 5:59 pm

yeah worked for me i used rocky's sage like advice and havent CTD'ed since that was about a month or so ago Very Happy
Back to top Go down
muffinmonsta

muffinmonsta

PostSubject: Re: A CTD Fix For Those Running 2 or more Gb of Ram.   A CTD Fix For Those Running 2 or more Gb of Ram. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 3:14 pm

sorry to reopen a thread, but have you guys got that download? its not there no more :O
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A CTD Fix For Those Running 2 or more Gb of Ram.   A CTD Fix For Those Running 2 or more Gb of Ram. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 4:18 pm

Might not even work now that PR is on 0.87? As it replaces the exe file, they may have even fixed the problem with the patch?
Back to top Go down
muffinmonsta

muffinmonsta

PostSubject: Re: A CTD Fix For Those Running 2 or more Gb of Ram.   A CTD Fix For Those Running 2 or more Gb of Ram. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 4:19 pm

Ummm ok no problem then Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A CTD Fix For Those Running 2 or more Gb of Ram.   A CTD Fix For Those Running 2 or more Gb of Ram. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 4:22 pm

Ask Rocky when hes next on Xfire, he will be on the one to ask (If he doesnt post here and say Rob shut up you fool! You still need the exe and it works with 0.87 you idiot) We will just have to wait for that reply
Back to top Go down
muffinmonsta

muffinmonsta

PostSubject: Re: A CTD Fix For Those Running 2 or more Gb of Ram.   A CTD Fix For Those Running 2 or more Gb of Ram. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 4:24 pm

haha ok (:
Back to top Go down
Rocky

PostSubject: Re: A CTD Fix For Those Running 2 or more Gb of Ram.   A CTD Fix For Those Running 2 or more Gb of Ram. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 6:17 pm

the problem lied in the bf2.exe nothing to do with PR but PR suffered from it, It was fixed when in the last few PR patches they changed it so you run the game via a PR.exe and not the old BF2.exe

PR still has its own .exe now and in the latest bf2 patch they fixed it.
Back to top Go down
muffinmonsta

muffinmonsta

PostSubject: Re: A CTD Fix For Those Running 2 or more Gb of Ram.   A CTD Fix For Those Running 2 or more Gb of Ram. I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 6:24 pm

then my friends pc doesnt suffer from this then xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A CTD Fix For Those Running 2 or more Gb of Ram.   A CTD Fix For Those Running 2 or more Gb of Ram. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A CTD Fix For Those Running 2 or more Gb of Ram.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Biting The Bullet :: Tech :: Tech Help-
Jump to: