Biting The Bullet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Vista Service Pack 2 and evaluation software

Go down 
AuthorMessage
AngryTomAss

AngryTomAss

Vista Service Pack 2 and evaluation software Empty
PostSubject: Vista Service Pack 2 and evaluation software   Vista Service Pack 2 and evaluation software I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 10:21 am

Well I am in the process of downloading SP2 now.

While its downloading I thought I would take a look at the Change log.
Not much to excite me until I found this:

"SP2 removes the limit of 10 half open outbound TCP connections. By default, SP2 has no limit on the number of half open outbound TCP connections."

Now I know that most of the issues people have with slow downloads has often been put down to the fact that there has always been a limit on the number of half open connections. Even Windows XP had a limit despite there being a patch to the registry for both Vista and XP to open more up.

Will unlimited half open connections help download speeds?
My install has just started so I will let you know.
Back to top Go down

Vista Service Pack 2 and evaluation software Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vista Service Pack 2 and evaluation software   Vista Service Pack 2 and evaluation software I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 10:56 am

I wouldnt count on it, I think your ISP has more to do with it than the open ports. Plus you can change them manually anyway. I have done many times, I usually set it to 80, doesnt make a huge difference to download speeds though. Hopefully I am wrong Smile
Back to top Go down

Vista Service Pack 2 and evaluation software
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Biting The Bullet :: Welcome to the BITING THE BULLET clan :: General Chat-
Jump to: