Biting The Bullet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Worst day of work ever?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
biggestofmikes

biggestofmikes

Worst day of work ever? Empty
PostSubject: Worst day of work ever?   Worst day of work ever? I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 7:13 pm

So yesterday I had the worst shift of work in my life. I work at Panera Bread (a kind of cafeteria, if you will) and man... was it crappy.

I worked for 9 hours straight, without any kind of break. I burned myself not once, but twice on a 600F/315C degree oven. I cut my finger with a restaurant knife (much sharper then the ones you have at home) on my already fractured finger. I dumped a gallon (3.78 L for you British folk =P) of 180F/82C degree soup on me. I was yelled/screamed at by about 20 customers. Broke 7 dishes. All of that on top of burning my hand on the grill.

Needless to say, I toasted alot of blokes in PR today to take out some frustration.

Share with me your worst shift of work ever!!!
Back to top Go down
fergy05

PostSubject: Re: Worst day of work ever?   Worst day of work ever? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 4:18 am

most days mike old boy most days pale
Back to top Go down
200rabbits

200rabbits

PostSubject: Re: Worst day of work ever?   Worst day of work ever? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 10:35 am

poor mike
Back to top Go down
Lofty

Lofty

PostSubject: Re: Worst day of work ever?   Worst day of work ever? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 10:47 am

My worst day was in April last year. I was working at the local off-licence (actually called "The Local").

2210.. 20 minutes until closing time, we start getting things ready to leave. Counted the tobacco products, emptied the cas machine, took 1 till off. All is going well

2220.. 10 minutes until closing time.... 3 guys run into the shop shouting... "GIVE ME THE MONEY!, GET ME THE MONEY!". I noticed the one in front waving a knife in front of us. He started pushing me towards the tills, never lowering his knife. We gave him the contents of the till (at the time, it was about £50 in notes. They didnt take any alcohol, but they did take 3 packs of cigarettes. The other 2 went to look in the storerooms, but never took anything.

Luckily they didnt realise that there were 2 safes in the shop, with almost £10000 in them because the banking wasn't due til the next day.

As quick as it started, it was over. The place was crawling with Police. That night, they got away. But one night, one of them was in a pub, (which one of the local's go to that was a regular in the shop). One of the guys was in there bragging about what he'd done in the shop, so the guy, rang the police. They arrested that 1 guy that night. He ended up giving the police the names of the other 2, but they got away with it due to not enough evidence.

The bastard was walking the streets again after a 6 month detention and training order! Where is the damn justice in that?

All i could think about that night was my son. There's times i still dont sleep properly because of thinking about "what if..."
Back to top Go down
biggestofmikes

biggestofmikes

PostSubject: Re: Worst day of work ever?   Worst day of work ever? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 11:03 am

Ouch man! Thank goodness you're alive and well after that! That's down right scary! Makes my day seem like a walk in the park. =/
Back to top Go down
200rabbits

200rabbits

PostSubject: Re: Worst day of work ever?   Worst day of work ever? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:32 pm

Yeah! Well done for getting through it. It's a shame the sentences are so low, if it's coz there's not enough prison space, why don't we just re-activate Australia?
Back to top Go down
biggestofmikes

biggestofmikes

PostSubject: Re: Worst day of work ever?   Worst day of work ever? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 1:36 pm

ZINGAA!!!!!!!
Worst day of work ever? E4c5tbdj
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst day of work ever?   Worst day of work ever? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst day of work ever?
Page 1 of 1