Biting The Bullet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

i cant download at the rate im paying for :O

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
muffinmonsta

muffinmonsta

i cant download at the rate im paying for :O Empty
PostSubject: i cant download at the rate im paying for :O   i cant download at the rate im paying for :O I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 3:10 pm

like the img shows im suposed to have just under 3MB download speed but i only get 200 - 300 kbs at the MOST. Sad

anyone got any idea?
i cant download at the rate im paying for :O 559239165
Back to top Go down
Avengedsins

Avengedsins

PostSubject: Re: i cant download at the rate im paying for :O   i cant download at the rate im paying for :O I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 4:07 pm

I lol at your pain.
Back to top Go down
muffinmonsta

muffinmonsta

PostSubject: Re: i cant download at the rate im paying for :O   i cant download at the rate im paying for :O I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 4:08 pm

No reallyi need help! we dont get other ISP crap in Germany, its all one ISP, Deutsche telekom (German telicom). and it really REALLY sucks, there speeds are sooooo slow
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: i cant download at the rate im paying for :O   i cant download at the rate im paying for :O I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 4:13 pm

With a 3Mbit line your max download speed should be around 350KB/s which is what you are getting. You ISP tells you what speed they provide in Bits not Bytes. There are 8 bits in a byte so as an example I have a 20Mbit line and I can download at around 2.5MB/s

20Mbits divided by 8 = 2.5MB/s

So your are getting the correct speed im afraid and will only be able to speed it up by upgrading your package

Last edited by RobNob on Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
muffinmonsta

muffinmonsta

PostSubject: Re: i cant download at the rate im paying for :O   i cant download at the rate im paying for :O I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 4:14 pm

thats sucks so much, there i only one package up from this, and its only 0.5 or a bit faster than what i have now :O

When im back in UK im gonna get that damn Fibre optics stuff

Last edited by muffinmonsta on Mon Sep 07, 2009 4:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: i cant download at the rate im paying for :O   i cant download at the rate im paying for :O I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 4:16 pm

I would go for a different provider then mate, There has to be a provider that can offer you at least a 8Mbit line, that is very standard these days
Back to top Go down
muffinmonsta

muffinmonsta

PostSubject: Re: i cant download at the rate im paying for :O   i cant download at the rate im paying for :O I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 4:18 pm

Nope there is a provider in germany (Duestcher telekom) that own the whole of germanys Telephone systems ect. and other ISP's like vodafone ect. have to rent there lines from Duetscher telekom, so they cant do much with it :O
Back to top Go down

i cant download at the rate im paying for :O
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Biting The Bullet :: Tech :: Tech Help-
Jump to: