Biting The Bullet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ArmA2/PR questions

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
muffinmonsta

muffinmonsta

ArmA2/PR questions Empty
PostSubject: ArmA2/PR questions   ArmA2/PR questions I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 8:19 am

LATEST ARMA2/OA PATCH: 1.54
LATEST PR PATCH: N/A

[As of 10th September 2010]

NOTE: This patch will work for all Copies and Version of the game Apart from STEAM. STEAM should update your Game as soon as the patch is available!

Some people have been wondering what would be needed to play PR:ArmA2.
So here is a little guide to get your all ready (If you want PR:A2 that is Smile )

Q: Will i need ArmA2, ArmA2: Operation arrowhead or both?

UPDATE:
200rabbits wrote:
[R-DEV]UK_Force wrote:
Its unforunate yes, that people will now need to run Combined Arms (ArmA2 & OA).
Source: A different page on Realitymod.com

You can delete this post if you think this adds too much confusion. You are better off just getting OA till release, there's no confusion about that one being necessary. And if, come the time of release, it turns out you need both, then you can buy ArmA2 off steam or however you want.

Can I just say though, from my vague knowledge of ArmA2, I think, you might only need a legal copy of OA, dunno if anyone wants to test, but you should be able to get combined operations running with a legal copy of OA and a random copy of ArmA2 pretty simply.

Thanks rabbits for this info Smile!

Q: What will be the minimum Specs to run ArmA2?

A:
Minimum wrote:

Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7
Processor : Intel Pentium IV at 3.0 / AMD Athlon 3200+ or faster
Video Card : 256 MB VRAM with Shader Model 3.0 support – NVIDIA GeForce 7800 / ATI Radeon 1800
Memory : 1 GB RAM
Hard Disk : 10 GB of free Hard Drive space
Sound : DirectX compatible sound card
Direct X : 9.0c
Controls : Keyboard & Mouse
Installation : DVD-ROM Drive / Digital Download
Network : Internet or LAN connection required for multiplayer

Recommended wrote:
Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7
Processor : Intel Pentium D at 2.8 / AMD Athlon 4400+ or faster
Video Card : 512 MB VRAM with Shader Model 3.0 support – NVIDIA GeForce 8800 / ATI Radeon 4850
Memory : 2 GB RAM
Hard Disk : 10 GB of free Hard Drive space
Sound : DirectX compatible sound card
Direct X : 9.0c
Controls : Keyboard & Mouse
Installation : DVD-ROM Drive / Digital Download
Network : Internet or LAN connection required for multiplayer

Psst: I can get this game maxed out with about 40~ FPS with a Radeon HD 5770, Not bad at all!

Q: Is this Game compatible with any other mods?

A: The DEVs are not planning to make any compatibility with any other mods, although some mods may work with PR still.
They don't want the hassle of Joining with another Dev team which can slow down the work pace.

UKF wrote:
Guys I would just like to make it clear here - there is no "rivalry" involved at all with anyone !!

PR respects the work that ACE 2 do within the ArmA world, however our goal is totally different so really can not be compared.

Our goal is to create a Mod for ArmA2 which is based around PvP (not coop) on well administered "Public" servers, for the players who want to be involved in realistic teamwork, and gameplay - we are currently working on an Insurgency Mode too as we speak.

We will not be using ACE 2 or CBA, everything we do we will be doing in house as a team, for us this is what will work best for us.

Yes it will take a bit of time, however we can then work at our speed, and are not dictated by other Mod Teams, to redevelop so that we remain compatible with them.

This I know is not to everyone's liking, and that's fine, as we want to attract players who want to play our Mod, in the way we have set out to create it, we are not simply putting out a Modification - to see how many players we can get playing, if our Mod is good it will come naturally.

We have a "large" talented team at Project Reality, and think we are up to it. We are fully aware it will take time to get it right, and are happy with our decision.

Thank You - I hope that clears some questions up.

UKF
Source: Realitymod.com

Q: How many players in one server?

A: There is no real limit to how many players can join a server. It all depends on the Quality of the server that its hosted on. (Yes you could go way over 200 people on a server if you got the right gear!! :O )

You should now be ready to dive into the world of PR:ArmA2/OA Smile

Usefull Links

PR:ArmA2 Official FAQ

Dslyecxi's ArmA2 Tactics, Techniques, & Procedures Guide

Get the latest drivers for a smoother game-play experience!

ATI Graphics Drivers
Nvidia Graphics Drivers
Realtek HD audio drivers/Codecs
Direct X Updates

If you guys think anymore links should be displayed please post them!

Last edited by muffinmonsta on Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

ArmA2/PR questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: ArmA2/PR questions   ArmA2/PR questions I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 12:20 pm

Thanks for the info Muff, Great Work
Back to top Go down
200rabbits

200rabbits

ArmA2/PR questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: ArmA2/PR questions   ArmA2/PR questions I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 5:43 pm

[R-DEV]UK_Force wrote:
Its unforunate yes, that people will now need to run Combined Arms (ArmA2 & OA).
Source: A different page on Realitymod.com

You can delete this post if you think this adds too much confusion. You are better off just getting OA till release, there's no confusion about that one being necessary. And if, come the time of release, it turns out you need both, then you can buy ArmA2 off steam or however you want.

Can I just say though, from my vague knowledge of ArmA2, I think, you might only need a legal copy of OA, dunno if anyone wants to test, but you should be able to get combined operations running with a legal copy of OA and a random copy of ArmA2 pretty simply.
Back to top Go down
muffinmonsta

muffinmonsta

ArmA2/PR questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: ArmA2/PR questions   ArmA2/PR questions I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 12, 2010 4:45 am

You would still need the legal copy of ArmA2 because it checks up on the .exe and i guess it would cause problems when patching.

I wouldn't risk it Very Happy

Thanks for the info Rabbits! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ArmA2/PR questions Empty
PostSubject: Re: ArmA2/PR questions   ArmA2/PR questions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ArmA2/PR questions
Page 1 of 1