Biting The Bullet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Aircraft gameplay tips

Go down 
+3
gonzalo658
Avengedsins
fergy05
7 posters
AuthorMessage
fergy05

Aircraft gameplay tips Empty
PostSubject: Aircraft gameplay tips   Aircraft gameplay tips I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2009 8:32 am

For all choppers:

1. Practice, practice, practice. There is almost no way your going to be a good PR pilot on your first trip. It takes some time to get a feel for each of the controls. Start a game by yourself or join a game with a small amount of people in it until you feel like your comfortable flying.

2. Communication with squad members is key. Doesn't matter what your flying in you need to be aware of where enemies are and where your friends are. This will help avoid teamkills, attempting to land in a hail of AA fire, and other such 'mishaps'.

3. On maps that contain jets, make sure you either coordinate with jet pilots to make sure your airspace is secure or have friendly AA units covering you. Those jets will make your trip a short one.

Attack Choppers:

1. DON'T FLY SOLO! Nothing is worse then a wasted apache with no gunner.

2. Constant communication with your gunner/pilot is a must. You have to coordinate together to spot, line up, and hit the targets, regardless of weapon.

3. Be very careful when attacking with the missiles. I can't tell you the number of times i have seen a pilot nosedive into the ground because he went out of control trying to line up his target. If the target is already too far below you, don't dive forward and accelerate. Just be patient and circle around.

4. Time your shots with the main cannon. Stay steady for your gunner to light up targets, but don't stay in one spot too long. The cannon is a very strong weapon and it doesn't take more then few rounds to destroy any inf or light vehicles.

5. Know what weapons to use against what targets. The gunner's main cannon is best for any soft targets, i.e. infantry, light vehicles. The gunner's guided missiles are excellent for taking out single tanks. The pilots missiles are great for any groups of vehicles, infantry or just instilling a little fear into nearby enemies.

Heavy Transport Choppers:

1.Whatever you do, whatever your in, don't try to land in a hot LZ. The number one mistake I see pilots make when dropping people off is they land right in the middle of a firefight or a hundred feet from an apc. This is also part of communication and your squad should let you know of any hostiles in the area of the LZ.

2. Don't fly directly in a straight line to an area if your squad (or anyone else your transporting) is being dropped off near an enemy controlled area. The main place enemies will be watching out for threats from is going to be the direction of your nearest flag or airfield. The longer way is better if it means your squad not all dying.

3. If you start taking any fire while landing, get out ASAP. This goes back to number 1 and if your taking fire, then the LZ is hot. If it's a few random pings from a pistol then depending on circumstance it might be ok, but anything more then that find another LZ.

4. Fly high but start your descent early when coming into the LZ. These thing descend slowly and you don't want to be a target for longer then you have to.

5. Keep your squads safety in mind when dropping them off. Wait a second or two after everyone disembarks before you take off, and when you take off try to go as straight vertical as you can till your about 10-15 feet in the air.

6. Land on even ground, otherwise hover a few feet above the ground and let your squad jump out from there. Your not going to help your squad out by landing on an angle, flipping over, and killing them all. Also you can drop them off from quite a bit higher if your over water. They won't take much, if any damage from higher falls if they land in water.

7. Stay away from sharp turns. These large choppers have much more weight behind them and will quickly spiral out of control if you let them. Easy, soft turns are your friends.

8. For more detailed tips about surviving in the deadly skies refer to Caboose's excellent Known threat evasion guide.

Small Transport Choppers:

1. Most of the same tips as heavy transports apply here but with a few changes. These smaller helos are much more fragile so you need to be extra careful about landing in a hot LZ.

2. See number 2 above for heavy transports but x3. Your passengers are very exposed on these so keep them away from ANY small arms fire because it will kill them.

3. These things accelerate and stop on a heartbeat, but take longer to ascend and descend. This means you can come in to the LZ at a steep angle fast then quickly stop right as you get near the ground.

4. Keep fast and mobile, and only stop when you are dropping off. You can't be shot down by AA missiles in these, but a .50 cal or AA emplacement will drop you out of the sky just as fast. Don't stay in one spot for longer then you have to and fly in a straight line towards or away from enemy fire.

5. If your not providing transport you can provide excellent recon for your squad in these, spotting out enemy armor and troop movements as you fly over. Just make sure you have a mic as it's a little more tricky to fly and type.

with thanks to Soulis6 for this tutorial
Back to top Go down
Avengedsins

Avengedsins

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft gameplay tips   Aircraft gameplay tips I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 1:34 am

I can't begin to think of the amount of times I've typed while flying.

Always ends the same Sad

Nose + Ground = Explosion +Angry squad
Back to top Go down
gonzalo658

gonzalo658

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft gameplay tips   Aircraft gameplay tips I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 3:56 am

very good tips fergy i whant to know is heavy trans heli blackhawk or that helis on muttrah ?

becuas if it muttrah heli is wrong dont go high Razz
Back to top Go down
200rabbits

200rabbits

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft gameplay tips   Aircraft gameplay tips I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 4:01 am

The UH60 Blackhawk is the Hvy Trans Heli for the US Army and the UH1 Huey is the Hvy Trans Heli for the USMC.

I would have broken up the Hvys into Hvy and Medium however, because the handling on a Huey is very different from a UH60 or a Merlin, then again, I guess most of the same rules apply.

Last edited by 200rabbits on Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gonzalo658

gonzalo658

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft gameplay tips   Aircraft gameplay tips I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 4:03 am

so the uh1 hvy is the muttrah one becuas that heli allway go low ..
Back to top Go down
200rabbits

200rabbits

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft gameplay tips   Aircraft gameplay tips I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 4:11 am

I think that's more of a map specific tactic though isn't it?
Back to top Go down
gonzalo658

gonzalo658

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft gameplay tips   Aircraft gameplay tips I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 4:51 am

i think so to but lets ask ferg when he come
Back to top Go down
muffinmonsta

muffinmonsta

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft gameplay tips   Aircraft gameplay tips I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 6:02 am

i dont know why but i always fly high on muttrah then nose dive perpendicular to the ground so its very fast, and pull up at the last second and land at the same time.

But thats just me xD
Back to top Go down
Rocky

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft gameplay tips   Aircraft gameplay tips I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 2:58 am

s'good fergy, couple of things u missed: SKID LANDINGS! WHOOOHO! and people acting as human shields for missles Razz
Back to top Go down
fergy05

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft gameplay tips   Aircraft gameplay tips I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 4:56 am

boys boys boys this was taken frothe pr forum not my own hence the thanks at the bottom lol

any addons or suggestion edits fire em to me in an email and ill edit it.

your input is more important than the post so suggest away

there is no grammer in this as im in work and the new keyboards dont have fucking comma question or exclamation...

cheers lads
Back to top Go down
Rocky

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft gameplay tips   Aircraft gameplay tips I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 6:26 am

GOD UR SUCH A NOOB! should have put it in speech marks them Razz L4D tonight?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft gameplay tips   Aircraft gameplay tips I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 6:58 am

I'd be up for some L4D Smile
Back to top Go down
Lofty

Lofty

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft gameplay tips   Aircraft gameplay tips I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 6:59 am

After the staff meeting lol
Back to top Go down
Rocky

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft gameplay tips   Aircraft gameplay tips I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:01 am

RobNob wrote:
I'd be up for some L4D Smile

hu!!!!! was just about to make a rude comment about you being up for anything but then i realised it wasnt fergy! TONIGHT'S GONNA BE GOOD, hopefully jim and fergy will join us and we can do some more new custom campaigns
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft gameplay tips   Aircraft gameplay tips I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:03 am

Awesome!! Smile I think its going to be a late one tonight Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rocky

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft gameplay tips   Aircraft gameplay tips I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:16 am

RobNob wrote:

i really shouldnt but i will too, gonna have to be quiet tho the gf will be sleeping.

hmm quiet L4D i dunno if i can do that....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft gameplay tips   Aircraft gameplay tips I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:27 am

Rocky wrote:
RobNob wrote:

i really shouldnt but i will too, gonna have to be quiet tho the gf will be sleeping.

As long as you dont scream like a girl down the microphone I dont mind Razz
Back to top Go down
Rocky

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft gameplay tips   Aircraft gameplay tips I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:31 am

RobNob wrote:
Rocky wrote:
RobNob wrote:

As long as you dont scream like a girl down the microphone I dont mind Razz

uhhhh you've not played L4D with me have you?

oh dear.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft gameplay tips   Aircraft gameplay tips I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 7:34 am

lol no I havnt, Dont worry though im used to playing with Depth, he is a bit of a wuss when it comes to zombies as well lol!
Back to top Go down
fergy05

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft gameplay tips   Aircraft gameplay tips I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:26 am

right firstly i too scream like a 5 yr old girl

secondly get off my fucking thread u bastards! :p
Back to top Go down
Lofty

Lofty

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft gameplay tips   Aircraft gameplay tips I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:28 am

lol. you have the power to clean up this thread.
Back to top Go down
fergy05

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft gameplay tips   Aircraft gameplay tips I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 10:39 am

haha but could have started a fun argument with rocky first :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aircraft gameplay tips   Aircraft gameplay tips I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Aircraft gameplay tips
Page 1 of 1